Wow, the phono market is really depressed right now.  I remember when a lot of
these machines went for twice the listed price.
Jon Robles

--- On Wed, 11/24/10, Gregory Cline <gwpho...@woh.rr.com> wrote:

From: Gregory Cline <gwpho...@woh.rr.com>
Subject: [Phono-L] Stanton Auction results
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 2:40 PM

I have compiled some highlights of the past weekend's auction in Charlotte
MI.  This is by no means a comprehensive list.  There were 100's of machines
at the auction.   The prices I will list DO NOT include the 10% buyers
Penalty or sales tax.  There were way too many machines to sell in 2 days
and the prices on common machines showed.  Many rear mount victors went for
under $1000.  Many Edison standards and homes went for under $300.  The rare
or pristine still brought good money with a few exceptions.    Gregg Cline

Stanton Auction highlights:

5 BS Coin Op's  $2800 $3300 $4300 $3000 $3000

Columbia AG  $1050

Vic IV smooth wood horn $1750

Co BI Sterling nickel horn $1100

Vic VI  spear tip horn $4400 $3600 $5000

Rigid Arm M  $3000

Vic Junior $900

Vic C  $3200

Vic R $600

Vic P-2 $800

Edison Opera OAK  $6500

Oak Herzog half barrel orig. pegs $950

Vic 6 w SPRUCE horn $8500

Berliner Trademark top brake $3500

Zonophone A, worn condition $3800

Vic V oak spear tip horn $2600

Herzog serpentine oak cylinder cab $2900

Edison Triumph w D repeater $1400

Victor A w metal tag  $9500

Columbia Celluloid horn w tag $3250

Victor B w wrong horn, crank and reproducer $6000

Columbia AF  $2200

Ed Fireside w Music Master cygnet $1450

Many Vic E  $750, $600, 800

Herzog Full Barrel cab $4000

Zonophone Parlor  $900

Vic II $900

Vic A w celluloid tag (tag in pieces) $7500

Vic II smooth oak horn $1752

Hand Wind Berliner w box  $175003

Vic IV w brass bell horn $1400

Columbia BN $500

Edison Spring Motor  $4500

Edison Ideal PERFECT original  $15000

Regina Hexaphone Mahogany  $8000

Kalamazoo Duplex $5500

Berliner record case missing handle $1800

Col AB Macdonald  finish stripped around the decals  $1500

Columbia BXP   $1950

Columbia Top Wind A $1000

Edison Home o reproducer MM cygnet $2100

Columbia S coin Op  $5700

Columbia BNW  $550

Columbia N Coin Op (poor cond) $3600

Vic V brass bell horn $1600