I had to leave feedback on an item that turned out to be incomplete. The only
description on it was 'original'. I left the words 'received item' as feedback.
I should have asked more about it before I bought it...
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Baron <a...@popyrus.com>
Sender: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:46:28
To: Antique Phonograph List<phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Seller's Name was/ Frankenreproducer  alert

Hi Steve ~

The way eBay works, you can't leave a negative feedback AND get
reimbursed on a bad purchase by eBay's Buyer Protection.  The
unsatisfactory transaction is technically cancelled as though it never
happened to begin with.

Even the posting below acknowledges (despite the positives) that the
item could have been packed better, had additional (incorrectly
mounted?) hardware, and he agrees that the seller was rude.  And yet,
he probably left a positive feedback.

I think there must be dozens, if not hundreds of dissatisfied buyers
who would rather be made whole again financially on their
misrepresented/badly packed/damaged/modified or incomplete purchase,
than take a loss and retain the ability to leave negative feedback on
this seller, and thus warn others away from a potentially miserable
experience.

I'm ordinarily very careful about saying anything publicly about
anyone that isn't positive (if you can't say something nice...), but
based on personal experience, both my own and that of my friend and
customer, I can only conclude that this seller is dangerous.  He
certainly doesn't appear to make any effort to "play by the same rules".

That's my take on it.

Andy