From: harvey kravitz <harveykrav...@yahoo.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Fri, Jul 8, 2011 9:13 pm
Subject: [Phono-L] Beware of this seller on Ebay

I don't know if this is appropriate, but I will post it anyway. I have a
anguage phone disc machine made by Columbia.  I was looking on ebay and found
260383447532. It was a set of books for a Language phone in Spanish dated 1917.
I thought this would be a welcome addition to my Language phone machine. The
eller's name is blue.moonbooks.and.antiques.  I asked the usual questions
efore I bid. It was a buy it now for $24.95 or obo.. I put in a offer of $20.00
and got a notice that the price jumped up to $55.00 and my offer was declined.
contacted the seller and asked what was going on about the sudden change in
rice. She told me that she is a business woman and found out before I put in my
offer, she reappraised the the value of the books. Needless to say I was pretty
issed off and let her know how angry I was. I haven't heard back from her and I
doubt if I ever will. I know I will get a lot of flak saying that it's still
her
item and she can do what ever they want with it. I guess i'm trying to say,a
erson's word is thier most valuable asset. To me it is worth more than all the
honographs and riches in the world. The lesson I learned from this is
honographs are only a hobby, it's not worth getting mad at, and to move on.
lso, I know to stay away from this seller. Thank you all for hearing me out.
efore I forget, I checked the listing again and it was pulled.
arvey Kravitz