From: Peter Fraser <pjfra...@mac.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 6, 2011 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Cygnet suspension spring question

Don't cut the spring. I've seen these go for crazy money, so it would be
unwise.

Are you sure it's original?

Springs don't go bad on their own, without many cycles of tension and
relaxation, and it's highly doubtful this could have happened here. My bet us
that this is a configuration issue, perhaps the wrong size crane for your
cygnet.

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com