i had an A, post 1902 by your reckoning below, with a 2/4 kit.  it had the
little flip-back gear train as well as the moveable gear.  Kind of an exercise
in futility because all the extra friction made the poor, weak, motor only
sometimes able to get through a 4 minute record.

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com

On Sep 3, 2011, at 6:47 PM, Steven Medved wrote:

> Good point, until the Gem A got the B reproducer in 1902 the carriage would
> have to be changed to accomodate the H reproducer.  The only box I have seen
> for 2/4 Gem kit says B-C on it.  I would be interested if the A had a kit.
>> From: glast...@comcast.net
>> To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
>> Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 20:29:53 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Edison Gem 2 4 conversion question
>>
>> These are for Models B and C.  Red Gems were combination from the beginning
>> and I don't think As could be converted.

-- Peter
pjfra...@me.com