Hi -

Got lucky recently on finding a machine I'd sought for years, but some other
stuff needs to go to make space and to help pay for it. I plan to list these
items on eBay this evening, but catch me before then and maybe we can avoid
that and get you a better deal at the same time.

Everything is located in the SF Bay Area.

1.  Columbia BC 20th Century graphophone - this is the 65 lb big daddy with
6-spring motor, huge ornate oak case, 6" long mandrel, and 4" diameter
diaphragm "Higham" mechanically-amplifying reproducer from 1905. Rare as hens
teeth, especially with the reproducer in working order. Has original aluminum
witch's hat horn that fits the wide throat of the reproducer.  These simply do
not turn up.

2.  Amberola III, in mahogany case and with maroon bed plate. Clean and working
perfectly, but to be sold without a reproducer. Case and horn and grill in very
good shape, but the shelf underneath has been cleanly removed. We'll never know
why, but I have a perfect pattern from which a replacement shelf can be made,
as well as a line on an Edison A-150 which could receive the horn and other
innards instead. Mech has the cylinder stop index rod which is so often
missing, good paint and pinstriping.  An economical way to get into the top of
the line Edison cylinder mechanism.

3.  Victor VTLA. s/n 4114. Quite nice and all original. Red mahogany finish is
still glossy outside and in, although there are few scuffs. No record boxes.
Great plating and pinstriping under the hood and has its original reproducer,
special needle cup and the often missing unique crank escutcheon. This machine
uses the motor of the Victor VI. An excellent chance at a super early machine.

4.  Amberola 75 in mahogany. Nice starter machine with iffy cosmetics. Has the
early two-setscrew carriage and brass body nickel plated diamond B reproducer
rather than the commonly found black pot metal version. It's been stripped and
lightened in color and has some veneer flaws. Complete except for the easily
constructed slide out shelves. A cheap way to get a machine with built-in
cylinder storage.

4.  Theodore Roosevelt campaign speeches on blue amberol. Enquire on titles.

Pictures upon request, and prices TBD. Let's talk.

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com