From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew Baron
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:01 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: [Phono-L] OT: clockwork automaton article in NY Times today

For those phonograph enthusiasts whose interests extend into other
mechanical realms, Today's edition of the New York Times (Science Times
section) ran an article about the drawing/writing automaton that  restored
for Philadelphia's Franklin Institute Science Museum.

Here's the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/science/maillardet-automaton-inspired-mart
in-scorseses-film-hugo.html?_r=2&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimes&pagewanted=all

Best to all,
Andrew Baron