Thanks for your kind words, Andrew! Do you have a better date for the brochure than my "1930s"?

--
Bill

On 3/5/2012 1:53 PM, Andrew Baron wrote:
Thanks Bill for this fabulous brochure link, and for adding a link to
rcatheremin.com on this brochure page.  For those who may be
interested, this brochure is a great introduction to RCA's marketing
for their theremin.  They put a huge investment into capturing a
market for a product that ultimately couldn't be played by most
users.  The surviving Victor records from 1930 and (I think) 1931 are
part of the legacy of RCA's foray into the musical instrument
business.  It wouldn't be until a quarter century later that they
revisited the medium of electronic music, with a programmable
synthesizer (like the phonograph, it would play "recordings" or
programs, rather than being an instrument that could be played in
real time.

I have a copy of this brochure, but haven't scanned it.  Your scans,
and the presentation of the page are beautiful.  I'm copying my site
co-creator Mike Buffington on this.  He may add a link to your
brochure page if he finds a suitable place to add it.  Thank you for
the invitation to link to it.

Best, Andrew Baron Santa Fe