From: John SHEETS <joh...@toast.net>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Fri, May 25, 2012 1:26 pm
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Turpentine

I believe there is an odorless turpentine--artists use it.
ttp://www.artsupply.com/Turpenoid-Odorless-Turpentine_c_666.html

012/5/25 Steven Medved <steve_nor...@msn.com>:

 Turpentine come from the sap of pine trees, in Florida they used to remove the
ark which killed the tree like in the photo in this article.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turpentine
 It was hard work so prison inmates often did it as no one else wanted to.
 Later they make pots that you could nail to a tree to extract and not kill the
ree, a man I work with found the fragments of the pots in his backyard.
 http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=turpentine+pot
 Steve