Thank You, Loran!

: )

Edward

In a message dated 7/30/2012 4:49:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
john1.c...@ge.com writes:

"Where  ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

-----Original  Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org  [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org]
On Behalf Of John Robles
Sent:  Monday, July 30, 2012 1:22 PM
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject:  [Phono-L] Apology to all

Good morning all.
I received an email this  morning from a list member stating that it
would be nice if I "did not use  Phono-L for my personal email or
soapbox", and that "not everyone wants to  hear all this". It was further
stated that the purpose of Phono-L was to  share and further our
knowledge about our shared hobby. That is  true.

I simply responded to a public message that was posted by a list  member.
I had written him privately asking him to let me know how he was  doing.
He answered publicly. Was it off subject? Yes. I did not use the  list as
a "soap box"' I merely made a compassionate response to a list  member's
message. I assume he received a similar response. I also assume  that if
the medical issue had been cancer or some other "mainstream"  ailment, I
would not have been accused of being on my "soapbox", which  implies a
political attitude.

Be that as it may, I am sorry if my  public response to a public message
offended anyone. I will try to keep my  compassion for suffering private
from now on.

John  Robles