From: George <victr...@triton.net>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 6, 2012 8:43 am
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Edison Spring Motor/Triumph Questionnaire

See below for info on my Triumph B.
Thank you,
George Vollema
Great Lakes Antique Phonograph
5092 Muskego Dr.
Newaygo MI 49337-8556
231-652-5753
victr...@triton.net
www.victroladoctor.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Paul
  To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:49 PM

  If you own an Edison Spring Motor or Triumph, I'd very much appreciate your
help. Below is a brief questionnaire. Please send your answers to me either by
posting them here, or via email to gpaul2000 (at) aol (dot) com. If you'd like
to be acknowledged in a future publication for your help, please include your
name. If you'd prefer anonymity, please let me know. In either event, I'd very
much appreciate any assistance you'd be willing to give.

  Finally, if you know or suspect that a particular machine has been assembled
from different machines, or had certain parts replaced (such as the carriage),
please note that as well.

  Thanks to all in advance,

  George P.

  Edison SpringMotor/Triumph Questionnaire
  1) Serial number (found on top): #46081
  2) Is serial number stamped in a plate, or a raised boss? ID plate
  3) If stamped in a plate, what’s the last patent date? Nov 17 '03
  4) Does straight edge (where front of reproducer carriagerides) have 2
screws?
NO
  5) Does the upper casting have lugs for Class M pulleywheels? NO
  6) Which secures the endgate; a ball catch, or a lockinglug? Ball catch
  7) Does carriage hold the reproducer with nickeled clips, ora single screw at
2:00 position? NO
  8) Motor number (found stamped on front of motor frame): #31892
  9) Are the motor gears solid or spoked? Solid
  10) If there’s a plate below the mandrel, what exactly doesit say? None
  11) Which does the cabinet have; a drawer, a banner decal,or an “Edison”
script decal? Script decal
  12) Are there any dated material with it?  Invoices? Packing slips? Writing
inside the lid? None

  Thanks for your help!
  George Paul