From: Peter Fraser <pjfra...@mac.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 10:26 pm
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Gem Model E

naw, keep it public.  we love it.

-- Peter
pjfra...@mac.com

On Aug 30, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Steven Medved <steve_nor...@msn.com> wrote:

> Sorry, meant to send this off list. Steve
>> From: steve_nor...@msn.com
>> To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
>> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:26:08 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Gem Model E
>>

>> Hello Al, Welcome back.  I hope you enjoyed yourself.   I have often
>> wondered
when the Edison phonograph carriages went from clips to the set screw.  George
Paul tells me Standard 52182 that has the clips and 53411 that has the screw
left the factory in April 1902.  He has data that tells when machines left the
factory.   I guess the set screw came out in October 1901 as the early B got
the
notch in the 17,000 range and the Model C appeared around 25,000, but this is
only a guess based on the Frow book saying the standard got the push pull lift
know in October 1901 when it did not get it until around Standard S108,000
which
would have been way into 1902.  It is my idea he got the push pull lift know
and
the set screw mixed up. I have learned it is very hard to pin Edison products
down with dates. Best regards, Steve  Steve,
>> Both No.52182 and No.53411 left the factory about April 1902.  Makes sense,
doesn't it?
>> Best,George
>>> To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
>>> From: clockworkh...@aol.com
>>> Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 01:59:49 -0400
>>> Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Gem Model E
>>>

>>> Hi Steve:
>>> The highest number Model N Reproducer in a Gem E that I know of is 67830.
It is a domed one with the large N on the fishtail weight.