 From: Dennis Back <back...@yahoo.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 4:30 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Have YOU ever purchased a Crap-O-Phone???

Anyone on the list ever knowingly buy a Crap-O-Phone?  As in...on purpose?

Fess up.  :-)

Ok.

I'll be first.

Years ago, I saw an octagonal cased crap-o-phone that I thought was kind of
cool looking.  Someone from this list or the Phonolist said that they would
order a bunch of them and the price was reasonable, as I recall.

So I bought one. It had the usual portable motor and turntable, petaled brass
horn and the usual cobbled tone arm and reproducer. Not a bad sounding
reproducer, either.  I still have it and I point out  to visitors that these
things are still being made, albeit poorly.

Anyone else ever buy one and if so, why?

Dennis