Can you guys explain what, exactly, is the purpose or advantage of using one of
these contraptions? When I go trolling, I use a boat with a motor and rod &
reel... I can't see how you would use these. I never realized that a phonograph
could be used as fishing gear - is this just a cumbersome version of a modern
reel?