Try and keep in mind that being or expressing an anti-Semitic point of view was all the rage at the time these men lived. It means nothing today other than provide an opportunity for those people today who are not big fans of the captains of industry and invention of the late 19th and early 20th century a convienient mechanism to tear these individuals down and discredit them.

George Washington owned slaves don't you know...