Here is my reply to him which I will share with the list since he did: Hello
Chuck, I am very sorry to hear that you are not happy with my work.   If you
want an original hinge block send me the repro back along with the address
where you want it sent and I will send an original in a padded mailer first
class with delivery confirmation so I will know you have received it.  I will
send you the glass diaphragm at no charge along with the metal diaphragm at no
charge and the early copper diaphragm at no charge.  I will send you two
reproduction eyelets along with these parts at no charge.  I will send the
glass diaphragm in a round tin wrapped in tissue to protect it.   This is all I
can do, please let me know if this offer will be acceptable to you.  If it is I
will send the items above at no charge and I will send you an e-mail when I
mail them.   I have no desire to make this situation any worse, I do not want
to argue. Like you I do not understand why but I take responsibili
 ty for half of the situation, I should not have allowed your e-mails to insult
me and challenge me, but I did and that was my mistake.  I apologize for that,
it takes two to argue and I should never have responded in an unprofessional
manner, I should have merely told you I felt insulted and challenged and asked
if that was your purpose.  I continue to make mistakes despite my best efforts.
  I hope once this is settled we can be friends.   I thought I was being fair
when I offered to install an original hinge block, pay postage both ways, GIVE
you a glass diaphragm and two eyelets along with the thin metal diaphragm at no
charge.  I was going to send you the first style of Edison C diaphragm for you
to try out as well for your recording experiments.  For some reason you do not
want me to install an original for you, pay postage both ways and give you the
parts you asked for at no charge so I respect this.   Earlier I was just going
to send you an original until you provided
  your specs, I do not have any original hinge blocks that match your specs.
You told me if I could not send one matching your specs you would build your
own so I assumed that is what you were going to do.  My measurement of the
hinge block screw was correct, so was yours.  There are at least two different
diameters of the pins and three different hole sizes in the hinge blocks.  If
you work on reproducers you will see how things change over the years.  The
first hinge block has a press fit pin, not a screw.

I have never had a complaint until now about repro hinge blocks that I have
installed.  Does the reproducer sound good?  You said it did.   Does it work
properly?  You said it did.  When I remove a broken stud from a top I always
use a reproduction hinge block unless the person requests an original or a
repro will not work.  I do this because I cannot get originals and in some tops
only an original will work due to the way the threads are in certain tops.
This is my hobby, I am not a professional and never will be. On the phone
message you asked how the reproducer left in such a condition, which I took as
an insult, the reproducer left in your hand, you had ample time to examine it
before you left.  When I discovered you were not happy I made the offer to pay
postage both ways and install an original and give you the parts at no charge
you requested because it is very important to me that people are happy with my
work.   If I had known you would not have liked the reproducti
 on hinge block,  I would have installed an original, but that never entered my
mind as I have never had nor ever heard of any complaints regarding
reproduction hinge blocks so I did the next best thing, I offered to install an
original and pay postage both ways.  I did this because sometimes installing a
hinge block is challenging and I have a 0-110 tap that Ron Sitko charges $50
for as they are special made.  A 0-110 die will cost you $150 because they are
special made.  0-110 is a Waltham Clock thread, it never was common.  Edison
did this to prevent duplication of his parts and reproducers.  Sometimes it is
necessary to tap the threads, but I use a non petroleum synthetic oil to lube
and clean the threads, I try this first as the hinge block must move completely
free.
An original hinge block should restore the reproducer to original condition but
I cannot guarantee anything.  By the time the H came out in 1908 Edison made
the holes in the hinge blocks the same size as the reproductions, and yesterday
I rebuilt three reproducers, 2 H and one C.  I used 3 original hinge blocks the
guy sent me.  2 have the small hole and 1 has the large hole.  The movement is
the same so evidently the hole size does not matter.  I have had reproducers
where I removed the pin and the block remained tightly in place.    Steve