Once you manage to get it off, you should wire brush the spindle and polish it
if you have the equipment. The turntable hole can be cleaned with sandpaper
rolled around a dowel, pencil, bolt or any long round object that will fit in
there - a drill bit with sandpaper wrapped around it works too. As for the
cabinet, it does look old, but the columns are not Victor type. So, depending
on how much you paid for this, it might turn out well.