In collecting antique phonographs, I like to obtain "twins," that is similar
but not identical models.    Some years ago I obtained a Viva-Tonal 800
which not too long ago was sonically restored using information &
suggestions  provided by Anthony Sinclair carried out by local antique
phonograph repairman, Jeff Cecil & now gives excellent performance.   So I
was please to pick up its "twin," the Viva-Tonal 810 at an antique mall
yesterday.    However, the 810 has been stripped & is bereft of its original
different color wood staining of different sections of the front doors,
floral design above the doors, etc. & I want to have its original appearance
restored.    The Viva-Tonal 810 came with a 1927 ad that gives some idea of
how it originally looked as does the black-and-white illustration in
Baumbach's The Columbia Phonograph Companion - Volume II.    However, what
is needed to facilitate restoration of the decorative details is a clear
color image of the Vival-Tonal 810.    Can anyone provide such?

Many thanks for any help any of you may provide!

Jim Cartwright

IMMORTAL PERFORMANCES, INC

"Austin's Eclectic Used Record Store Since 1971"

1404 West 30th Street    Austin, Texas 78703-1402 USA

(512) 478-9954    E-mail: jim...@earthlink.net