Hi, I've been asked to do a presentation on Openstreetview.org. Anything specific I shouldn't forget to mention?
All I know about it, is what I found on the OSM wiki and the experience of uploading and moderating some photographs of my own. Here are some questions I got, when I tried to give the project a bit more publicity on some OSM mailing lists (talk, talk-de, talk-fr, talk-nl, talk-be): But what about photos hosting ? Where are they ? What's the available volume ? Who's paying hosting ? What the contract between the photo maker and openstreetview.org ? Cheers Cyrille. Le 30 novembre 2011 02:22, Jo <[email protected]> a écrit : Erik Johansson [email protected] 30 nov. (1 dag geleden) aan mij 2011/11/30 Jo <[email protected]>: > EN > > I would like to put http://openstreetview.org in the spot lights a bit. It's a nice concept, except you can't view the photos uploaded, or at least I can't use these photos for anything usefull http://openstreetview.org/?lat=59.314402320828&lon=18.076675235484&zoom=18 Jo 30 nov. (1 dag geleden) aan Erik In the bottom right corner there is a KML link, when you open that, you get an XML file with references to various sizes of the photos in that area. I'm also still experimenting a lot with this functionality. Ideally it should be supported in the editors. Christian Quest [email protected] 30 nov. (1 dag geleden) aan Discussions, mij, talk-be, OpenStreetMap, Openstreetmap, OpenStreetMap Cyrille, tu ne connais pas openstreetview ? J'y ai posé des jeux de photo, mais effectivement comme expliqué le recourt au FTP ne favorise pas les dépôts. Avant publication, les photos sont validées après avoir masqué visages et plaques d'immatriculation. Ceci est fait par les contributeurs mais différent de ceux qui ont déposé des photos. L'idée est bonne, mais loin d'être aboutie et une meilleure intégration dans nos outils habituels (un plugin JOSM ?) ne serait pas du luxe. Thanks for your input, Jo
_______________________________________________ Photos mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/photos
