In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Noodles Grizzly") wrote:
> I'm using the setcookie function with the follwing.
>
> setcookie("randint", "$ran3", time()+9000);
>
> It sets the cookie, but refuses to use the variable contained within.
>  I can't find any reference to it in the books I have, nor in the
> online manual.
>
> Anyone know why this might be happening?

What does "$ran3" contain, and why is it enclosed in quotes? (It
shouldn't matter, but I'm interested.)

Also, how do you know it sets the cookie if it refuses to use the
variable? How does it refuse to use the variable in a manner that lets
you know it set the cookie?

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've