I have a table with three simple columns: id(unique), memberID, and
choice

I want to find out which memberIDs have BOTH choice 2 AND choice 3.

--> SELECT memberID from table where choice=2 AND choice = 3

That won't work (0 results, of course, because no row has two choices,
they're mutually exclusive)

---> SELECT memberID from table where choice=2 OR choice = 3

That doesn't work (shows all memberIDs that chose either 2 or 3).

Can I maybe join the table upon itself on the memberID?

Other suggestions?

thanks,

bill hollett