Hey,

If you're using Mysql to store the items, you could
use the Limit statement to limit the number of items
displayed. If you're using the file system it'd
probably be a little more difficult, but not
impossible. For example, if the news items were stored
in a text file with one entry per line, you could just
use file() to convert the file to an array and then
loop 7 times--grabbing the first 7 elements (or news
items) of the array.

Best Regards,
Bill Zeller
--- Matthew Cothier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>