Matthew,

Do you want to be told how, or want to read an interesting article on just
this, including  PHP script to build your archives. It's one of the early
PHP tutorials -- try a search on "php movie database".

I adapted code from that for my own archive, although I run a shell script,
logged in as root, to actually make the directory and copy the files. That
has mostly to do with security, although it could probably be overcome by
having the archive directory owned by whatever name the webserver runs as.

Miles

PS Ah, just found it:
http://www.webreview.com/pub/2000/02/11/php/index.html  That will take you
to their archive. Good luck!!

PPS The shell script just prompts for a directory name and creates the
directory, then copies all files from the web site root into the newly
created directory. A second script publishes the new files.

Have fun!!!