I think it's more likely that you haven't sourced the
/home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile script in whatever wrapper script starts
up Apache for you. Add the following line to the top of 'apachectl' or
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd' to set up the DB2 environment variable before you
start your webserver:

. /home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile

Dan