Hi folks,

I'm having difficulties getting php4 to connect to a remote oracle
database.

I have an entry in tnsnames.ora, along the lines of

shorthostname = (etc, etc)

and I can use "sqlplus user/name@shorthostname" to connect just fine, as
a regular user. Even without ORACLE_SID set, since I have it set in
tnsnames.ora for that entry

But when I try
 ocilogin("user","name","shorthostname");

on a php page, I get a printout of oracle error 01017: authentication
failed.
The listener log on that oracle machine confirms that I am actually
attempting to connect. But no details on what's going wrong.

Any suggestions?