Sagil,
the way I do something like this is write a script using PHP that does
exactly what you want, without any input or anything like that, then just
set up cron to run that script every 2 hours. you can use either lynx to hit
it as a webpage, or it's an admin script or something that you don't want
other people to be able to hit (because it'd be in the web-root) then you
can put it outside the documentroot and use the php cgi to run it.

if you use lynx, do something like this in your crontab entry (the 'timing'
might be wrong)

*       2,4,6,8,10,12   *       *       *       lynx -source
http://yourscript > /dev/null

that will just get the source of the page, then pipe it to the 'bin' so to
speak, but in doing this, it will perform whatever operations you have told
it to in the script

HTH

Beau