when you load up your web page in your browser, what folder do you see?  It
is most likely the contents of the www/ folder.

If this is the case, then all of your files which you want accessible to
the web (ie html and images) need to be somewhere under this.  Try putting
both the background image and the html file in the www folder, then change
your body tag to:  <body background="backgroundimage.jpg">   then load up
the page.

If that works fine, and you want the images in a different folder, create a
dir (eg. img ) coming off the www/  folder, then put the background image
in there, and change your body tag to:

or

If your html file was in the img/ directory, and the image was in the www/
folder, so it looks like this:

/www/img/file.html
/www/backgroundimage.jpg

then your body tag could be:

the "../" just traverses down a directory.

If none of this makes sense to you, you should probably do some basic html
tutorials or something :-)

Tom