From: "Mike Gifford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 08:00 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Left Join is producing duplicate results - MySQL &
relational tables

> Sorry Ken,
>
> I'm trying to learn a few too many things at once.  Switching it around
> eliminated the error message but not the duplication.
>
> I'm eliminating as much of the code as I can to see that it isn't coming
from PHP.

> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Mike
>
> Ken wrote:
>
> > In general, you should always be reading the manual first.  From the
SELECT syntax at
> > http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/E/SELECT.html
> > GROUP BY must be indicated before ORDER BY.  So reverse the order of
those portions.

> > - Ken
> >
> > At 10:35 PM 7/11/01 -0400, Mike Gifford wrote:
> >
> >>It looked good, but it gave me an error..  Sorry
> >>WLPcountry.countryID ORDER BY WLPbib.title  GROUP BY WLPbib.bibID
> >>
> >>MySQL Error: 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'GROUP BY
WLPbib.bibID ' at line 10)
> >>Please contact the webmaster and report the exact error message.
> >>Session halted.

Do GROUP BY and then the columns that are identical in your results.

leads, but they weren't able to actually fix the problem, so I'm posting
here to the db list.

WLPbib.profileID
WLPbib.publisherID
WLPaddress.countryID");

same title, firstName, organization, etc....

I'm not sure how to return a query without duplication.

look nicer.  I wasn't sure how to use UNIQUE with the last JOIN as it isn't
directly linked to WLPbib..