I just tried the Cursortype parameter
(apache-1.3.20+php-4.0.6, DB2-7.1), but I get this message:

Warning: SQL error: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0150E Driver not
capable. SQLSTATE=S1C00, SQL state S1C00 in
SQLSetConnectOption in
/home/butcher/public_html/php/service_portal/content.php(68)
: eval()'d code online 56
msg: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0150E Driver not capable.
SQLSTATE=S1C00

Is there something I must enable?  I've been through the DB2
docs and can't find anything related...