From: Travis Cannell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 August 2001 03:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] mail function

hi all,

I cant seem to get my mail function to work. OK so i am a noob, that might
have something to do with it.  I am using a script I found called the HTML
Mime Mail Class, which does everything i need except actually send the mail.
I am guessing that there is some config problems, but i am not sure.  Even
when i try and use the mail() function i get a server error.  So i guess
that my problem is that my return address is messed up.  Does it have to  be
my own domain, or the domain that the server is running on?  Can i set the
return address as a hotmail account, or do i need my own server mail
program?  And is there anything that i need to config in the php.ini file?

Thanks for helping,

T P K Cannell