From: Manoj Japher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 2:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Mail Function

hi,
  I know this question is in the wrong group, but I hope someone
maybe
able to help me out. I need to use the mail() function in my code
send out mails which I am able to do successfully. But I am not
able
to set the 'from address' in the mail I sent. It always varies.
Can I
set the from address field as to my liking.

  I tried the following code

<?
         $toaddress = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
         $fromaddress = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
         $subject = "Test Mail";
         $content = "Your username and password as you requested
\n"
                    ."Username = user \n"
                    ."Password = pass \n";
         mail($toaddress, $subject ,$content, $fromaddress);
         echo " Your username and password has been mailed to you
";
     ?>

And the mail I got had the from address as
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Can someone help me out please

Best Regards,

Manoj

'I have miles to go before I sleep, and promises to keep'