>>Hi Kodrik:
I just looked at your function and would like to use it myself, but shouldn't
the ampersand line:
$copy=eregi_replace ("&", "&", $copy);
look like this instead? So it matches the other lines that have a symbol
replaced by HTML??
$copy=eregi_replace ("&", "&", $copy);
Cheers.
Russ<<

No, because the & sign is needed to represent the ascii values.
So I'm actually doing it to put it back where it got converted by
htmlspecialchars.

If you are going to use it for a forum, you might also be interested by
hyperlinkor.
It converts urls into links, however they are entered (with a www. or not,
httpd or not...)
http://zc8.com/zc8/ZC8news/shownews.php?articleid=108

You run your string through this function before displaying. and the links
are anchored.
Do not run it before entering a string in a database, only before echoing the
string.

My reply to you was bounced back, so I replied to your message on the list
instead.