Christopher:

I can guess two reasons:

a) You new directory has the same name as the directory in which php is
installed - regardless of where it sits on the system (true for windows). Sounds
odd, but I ran into this problem when I was goofing around on my development box
and called a http docs directory "php." All of a sudden, nothing in that
directory was parsed. I have no idea if this is documented or not.

b) Your server is not configured to parse documents in that directory. Without
more information, I could only suggest you consult the appropriate manual on how
to configure your web server. I use Apache/PHP as a "DSO" for development on
windoze and linux, and this is an easy thing to change in both of those
environments.

-db

Christopher Joseph wrote:

> Apologies for xposting.
>
> Also for irrelevence
> I have three different php applications running on my web site in thre
> different directories. All display the pages correctly when I point my
> browser at them.
>
> I have just installed a fourth in a directory at the same subdirectory level
> as the others and the PHP pages are not parsed....instead I am prompted to
> donwload. I thought at first it may be a connection issue to the db but then
> surely i would have an error message. I put a phpinfo() page into the
> directory and the same thing happens.....I am prompted for download by IE
>
> Help.

Dan Barton
Terrestrial Program Biologist
Asst. Data Manager