> Given that the data are on a shared server, then your info is available to
> anybody else with root access to the database directories.  A previous
> web-site I had allowed me open access to other users mysql databases.  I
> could have blown those databases away.

Thankfully, I happen to be that root user. :) But it still is a shared
server with other users each having access to the system. I've setup MySQL
so that each user has access to only their database -- they cannot connect
to any other database on the system.

Patrick

---| patrick gibson |---------------+
 email: email @ patrickg.com