I'm trying to take the contents of a table and write them to a file on my
server. Everything seems to function ok (AKA no errors) but no file gets
written ... I can't figure out why. Can anyone shine some light on this dark
problem?

          $db = mysql_connect("localhost","cloft","spring");

          mysql_select_db("countryloft");

          // get requests from table
          $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM catalogreq WHERE PROCESSED IS
NULL");

          $fp = fopen("$DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalogreq/catalogs.txt","w");

          fwrite($fp, $result);

          fclose($fp);

          $updatereq = mysql_query("UPDATE catalogreq SET PROCESSED = 'Y'");

          echo "Thank you!";

Thanks for any help!