Paul,

Sorry for the confusion...

Ok..

I have an application where it organizes candidates for positions for
HR.  There is a Notes field where they can update actions with the
potential candidate.  Now this can be when this person has been
contacted, conversations, or just to say this person is not available,
etc.

There may be a point where quotes need to be added to quote a candidate,
or I wanted to give them the option of adding HTML tags to the field so
that when someone looks at the person's record, that the HTML will be
displayed.  It wasn't just the HTML that was causing problems, but the
quotes as well.

So...

If I add..

Joe Blow said "blah blah blah"  the query wouldn't execute.  But if I
did Joe Blow said, blah blah blah, it works fine.

I know HTML isn't as touchy and you can actually do without the quotes,
ie, <font color=red>BLAH</font> it will still display red font.

The weird thing is that I have a Job Posting section and when you update
or edit an exsisting job and add HTML, it works fine without the
addslashes() function, but with the Edit Candidate, it craps out...
Weird, both are practically carbon copies of each other, database field
is both set to "TEXT" and both queries are the same structure.

I cannot figure it out

If you want the URL to look at it, I will send it to you.

Thanks!