I was successful in compiling php with the options --with-oracle
and --with-oci8.
      but when I tried to make a SELECT query to the database I got the
following error message:

OCIDebug: oci_do_connect: id=1
OCIDebug: oci_parse "select login, password from users" id=2 conn=1

Warning: OCIStmtExecute: Error while trying to retrieve text for error
ORA-03106 in /home/httpd/html/tmp/testoracle9i.php on line 110

Warning: OCIFetch: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-24374
in /home/httpd/html/tmp/testoracle9i.php on line 111
OCIDebug: START _oci_stmt_list_dtor: id=2 last_query="select login, password
from users"
OCIDebug: _oci_define_hash_dtor: LOGIN
OCIDebug: _oci_define_hash_dtor: PASSWORD
OCIDebug: END _oci_stmt_list_dtor: id=2

I don't quite understand since I can make an INSERT query..!