Does anyone know if the date function returns false if it cannot convert the
specified date/time to the format?  If not, does anyone have a rule set they
use to verify the date is a valid convertible date?  I need to update a row
in MSSQL, and it will fail if the date is incorrect.  I've validated for the
basic things, but just am not sure what the best way would be to validate
the actual date itself.  I was thinking of RegExp, but not certain if that
would really work for multiple date formats for example:

March 15, 2002
03/15/2002
3/15/2002

and so on and so forth.  The field actually requests a dd/mm/yy format, but
you know how people follow instructions.

Thanks guys,

Ryan