Frankly, I've never quite "gotten" the whole quoting thing in PHP.

If magic_quotes_gpc is turned on in the environment:

1. I don't see slashes in any form variables outputted with echo() or
print() Does this mean that these functions effectively remove the slashes?

2. After posting the form variables, I don't see slashes when I view the
MySQL data in phpMyAdmin?

3. I do see slashes in e-mail messages sent with mail() using these
variables.

4. Why would you need to add slashes to anything put in a mysql database?

Can someone shed some light on what is going on?

--
Bruce Vander Werf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]