Hi Dan,

Forgive me if I have missed something, but this is not actually doing
anything to the image.

the *same* image is being sent to the client, and it is up to the client
browser to resize the image in the size you specify. Therefore, no
matter what image size is specified, the same image is sent to the client.

This could have the effect of stretching the image (if a large number
was chosen), or shrinking it - on the client while the same file size is
sent down the wire.

Surely there is a better way to do this - preferably on the server side
so that the correct image size is always sent... I do not know GD at
all, and thus cannot really contribute to teh correct way to do this,
but I think your way os a bit of a poor mans hack.

Cheers

David R