Thanks, im currently doing something similar to this but I was wondering if
there was an already defined variable that i could use rather then have to
create a value and increment it myself. I guess am being picky, but was just
curious as im new to php.

This is how im currently doing it...

 $rowNum = 0;
 while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) )
 {
 $rowNum++;
 if ($rowNum % 2) { $bgCol = "#EADBC6"; } else { $bgCol = "#EFE1CE"; }
}