Well that clears some of this up.  Thanks.

        So how do I compile IBM DB2 support in PHP?  I followed
        the instructions in the docs, but when I try and
        load the plug-in, apache complains it's can't find
        the symbol SQLParamData.

        Like I said before, when I tried to figure this out
        on my own, the only references I could find were
        about PHP and this SOLID library/thing.  That mentioned
        something about a compiling/linking problem, but it
        wasn't very clear at all.

        I'm back to sqaure one again.  Has anyone got IBM DB2
        support working in PHP?  It seems like everyone
        is only using mysql or postgres.