From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Scripting Engine problem
Bug description:  Numeric-looking array keys are forced to be integers

<?
$myarray['105'] = 'Hello';
$myarray[(string)'106'] = 'Goodbye';
var_dump($myarray);
?>

array(2) {
  [105]=>
  string(5) "Hello"
  [106]=>
  string(7) "Goodbye"
}

It shouldn't be auto-converting array keys to numbers if they're already of a
different type! Let's say I have an whole list of items as my array keys, and one just
happens to be "able" to be converted into a number. Suddenly one of my array keys is
no longer a string.

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9307&edit=1