From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  Allow Unix to use Win32 only mail options

I would like to make it possible for PHP on UNIX to use the SMTP and sendmail_from
options instead of sendmail_path.  This would allow me to relay outgoing mail thru my
mail server, and remove sendmail from my web servers entirely.  It would also vastly
simplify taking control of the From: header.

Hopefully the code to send mail thru a mail server on another host is already in PHP
for use with Windows, and can be used even on Linux/UNIX depending on configuration
settings.

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9308&edit=1