At 01:19 AM 4/25/2001 -0500, J. Jones wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 01:05:00AM -0500, J. Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:56:47AM +0200, Andi Gutmans wrote:
> > > I commited another fix.
> > > is_link() should work correctly now. If things have improved and you
> have
> > > problems with lstat() and filetype() (which I think there's a good
> chance
> > > that they are screwed up) let me know.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Andi
> >
> > --new output
> > :(01:02am ~/php): ./fs-test.php
> > is_link passed
> > readlink passed:  /bin/false
> > filetype passed:  link
> > lstat passed:
> >
> > Array
> > (
> >     [0] => 770
> >     [1] => 749
> >     [2] => 41471
> >     [3] => 1
> >     [4] => 0
> >     [5] => 0
> >     [6] => 0
> >     [7] => 10
> >     [8] => 988178527
> >     [9] => 988178527
> >     [10] => 988178527
> >     [11] => 4096
> >     [12] => 1
> > )
> > is_link passed
> > readlink passed:  /this/file/does/not/exist
> >
> > Warning: stat failed for /tmp/test-link-func (errno=2 - No such file or
> > directory) in ./fs-test.php on line 11
> > filetype failed
> >
> > Warning: stat failed for /tmp/test-link-func (errno=2 - No such file or
> > directory) in ./fs-test.php on line 14
> > lstat failed
> > --end
> >

>Ok.. is_link() and readlink() (I realize this is in a separate section,
>but I still use it as opposed to lstat() to get the link's target) are the
>only
>two functions that work on broken symlinks.
>
>filetype(), lstat(), and file_exists() all fail (the latter probably
>should, eh?).
>
>I assume all the file<someinfo>() functions will fail also, since they are
>based on lstat() or stat().

OK. I commited one more patch which should fix filetype() and lstat(). I'd
appreciate it if you can take a minute and just make sure they work now and
that I didn't cause any problems with the fixed is_link().
It's not my code so that's why I'm messing with it slowly. It had some
dependencies inside the code and I wanted to make sure I keep it consistent.

Andi