Hi All,

Since Andi wants to RC1 4.0.6, I would like to know if you have an opinion
about my recent patch for mysql_db_query() which allows you request an
unbuffered rowset.

Zeev suggested that using a different combination of function calls would
be more optimal, and now that I have done some testing I have to agree with
him.

Should the patch stay in the code for 4.0.6 ?

The reasons against were something along the lines of mysql_db_query only
being there for backwards compatibility, and the extra argument could cause
confusion by breaking the "api rules" for the mysql extension.

The reasons for are that it could be handy for some.

I'm impartial in the matter, as I no longer need the functionality.

Should it stay or should it go?

--Wez.