ID: 11008
Updated by: brianlmoon
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0 Latest CVS (2001-05-21)
Assigned To:
Comments:

Anyone in the Zend core want to comment on this?  I know where the code is that does
it.  But it is in the Zend code.

Is there a good reason to put this exit status to stdout?

indeed it does both:

if php; then echo yes; fi
<? exit(0) ?>

0yes

if php; then echo yes; fi
<? exit(1) ?>

1

i don't see a real reason for the echoed exit status though

Working with a shell script here.  I hoped that exit() would work like perl and return
the passed status as and exist status.  As it stands now, it sends it to stdout.  This
is unexpected.

It would be much more useful if exit() could be used to enable the use of PHP in shell
scripts by returning the passed value as an exit status.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11008&edit=2