On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> I think we should also consider saving the version in the extension
> structure and having generic function such as extension_version("xml").
> This would save us from having to bloat PHP by adding a foo_version()
> function to all extensions.

andi,

thanks for your quick response! i totally agree with your suggestion..
i think Anil recommended the same thing in the original thread.

will this be much work to implement for 4.0.7?

i feel that it would make things a lot cleaner, and will definitely be
needed if PEAR (the C version) is to have a chance at success.

- avi