On 24 Jun 2001 17:43:02 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The documentation has just been updated, stating that the sockets-module is
> still experimental.
> As has any module having an EXPERIMENTAL file in it's directory.
>
> Because of the experimental status, I don't think phpdev should worry too
> much about the
> incompatibility, it's the user's own reponsibility to use an experimental
> module.

Taking a look at the changes to the sockets extension, some break things
on a Linux system, some don't work at all, as a side note even with
experimental extensions, you still need to be concerned with backwards
compatibility, under your logic i could remove the Sablotron extension
in favor of the XSLT extension, since Sablotron is marked experimental?

> But, now it is renamed, I think the experimental status can be lifted? It
> makes a
> good impression to me how it is currently designed, I don't know whether it
> is
> pretty stable? Anyway, the documentation should first be updated.

I wouldn't remove the EXPERIMENTAL status.

-Sterling