Warning: Could not execute mail delivery program in
/local/Web/sites/phpweb/bugs.php on line 419
Mail not sent!
Please send this page in a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] manually.

Hi there!

As far as I understand, the option "memory_limit" sets the mem-limit for

ONE script.
I installed PHP as a Apache module and I set the memory_limit to 16M
(via php.ini).

When I allocate 8M of memory, all works fine. But when two different
scripts each allocate 8M, I will get sometimes the following message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 4194304 bytes) in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/testxx.php on line 6

Both scripts (testx.php and testxx.php) contain the following code:
<?php

  $str = "x";
  for($i=0; $i<23; $i++)
  {
    $str .= $str;
    echo strlen($str) . "<br>";
  }
?>

First, 1 byte will be allocated, then 2, then 4 and so on. The last
allocated string has a size of 8M.
It's a little difficult to reproduce the problem because I have to call
both scripts exactly at the same time from my browser. But, as I said,
sometimes I get the described error-message.

My question is: Is this normal and memory_limit sets the limit for ALL
scripts that are currently running or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

 ... tobias wiersch from germany